XL Pattern designs and builds tooling for almost every type of casting process in the industry. We’ve done simple greensand match plates that don’t take a core, to 20 + cores in dry-sand assemblies for the Aerospace industry, and complex steel tooling for the Automotive industry.
Our CAD capabilities range from receiving a tooling file from the customer that just needs to be cut and rigged all the way to designing tooling from a 2D drawing or reverse engineering from an existing part.
CONVENTIONAL FOUNDRY TOOLS WE CAN PROVIDE OUR CUSTOMERS:
- REN & WOOD TOOLING
- POURED URETHANE TOOLING
- BILLET CUT ALUMINUM TOOLING
- HIGH PRODUCTION TOOL STEEL, AND IRON TOOLING
RAPID PROTOTYPE OPTIONS WE ALSO OFFER THAT’S A FRACTION OF THE TIME CONVENTIONAL TOOLING REQUIRES:
- HYBRID TOOLING THAT CONSISTS OF REN OR WOOD TOOLING AND 3D PRINTED SAND COMPONENTS
- 3D PRINTED SAND MOLDS DELIVERED TO YOUR FOUNDRY OF CHOICE THAT ARE READY TO POUR
- JUST 3D CAD DESIGN OF TOOLING FOR CUSTOMERS WHO WANT TO PRINT AND POUR THEMSELVES
Prototype & Production Machining
XL Pattern does both prototype & short run production machining from billet stock and castings. We have both 3 and 4th axis capabilities and multiple CNC lathes. In house welding, and access to the industry’s highest end waterjet and laser cutting machines.
XL Pattern designs & builds CNC machining and Targeting Fixtures that meet the highest Aerospace standards, along with assembly, glue, and check fixtures for your most complex core packages.
- AEROSPACE CNC TARGET FIXTURES
- MACHINING FIXTURES
- CORE ASSEMBLY/GLUE FIXTURES
- ASSEMBLY CHECK FIXTURES
- CASTING CHECK FIXTURES
- SAW FIXTURES THAT MAKE CUTTING GATING OFF FASTER AND SAFER